About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Please feel free to contact me for commissions: chloe@crewereadphotography.co.uk

Friday 28 October 2011

Run a mile, jump a style or eat a country pancake?






So being in the countryside has made me feel complete relaxation and un-wound me from the big smoke that is London. My appreciation of what is quintessentially Englands most fabulous garden 'The Cotswolds' has whet my appetite for more horizons and less tower blocks in the near future.

The colours I have seen over the past few days have absolutely taken my breath away. An extremely mild Autumn saw the beginning of the week with t-shirts and green leaves and today, after a fierce rainfall and an eerily misty morning the greens have turned to yellow and the oranges and reds have come into their own. A truly fabulous visual feast. I cant help but put my camera to my face and snap. Walking pace is the pace for me, no running thank you.

The fruit is hanging pregnant off the trees and waiting for their last pick before the winter hits, and juicy as can be are the apples, pears and even a few blackberries still to be found beside the road, too high for greedy passers-by to get their hands on.

The land is so generous down here, yet sometimes can be fickle. A warm pheasant on the road, a beautiful sight to a hungry predator or simply the next casserole at home. To study closer the colours of its feathers, would be a shame not to capture on camera.

Even something so mundane as a cow in a field -the vibrant greens of the chewed grass against our monochromatic milk making friends, is a feast for the eye.

So... run a mile, jump a style or eat a country pancake?
I know what I would always choose, as no good at running at all, a style is far the best option.

No comments: